A wry view of life for the world-weary

Fart Of The Week (2)


Our featured trump slipped out in April but has only reverberated around the world in the last week.

A woman in her 30s was having laser surgery on her cervix at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital when a fire broke out in the operating theatre causing her to sustain severe burns, particularly around the waist and legs.

An official investigation was held which concluded that there were no flammable materials in the theatre and that none of the equipment was faulty.

The only possible cause was that the patient let rip during the operation and her fart ignited the laser. The report put it more eloquently, “When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation, it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”

There is a time and place for everything, it seems.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: