Fly Of The Week (2)

It is irritating when you sit down for a meal and a fly keeps buzzing around you, so I sympathise with an octogenarian from Parcoul-Chernaud in the Dordogne who suffered this fate.

Instead of just waving his arms around ineffectively, he decided to use an electric swat to zap the pesky insect. Unfortunately, he was unaware that he had a leaking gas cylinder in his house. There was a chemical reaction between the gas and the fly swat which resulted in an almighty explosion, which destroyed part of his kitchen and knocked a big hole in the roof, rendering his home uninhabitable.

He is now living on a local campsite while his house is repaired. What happened to the fly is anybody’s guess.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.